Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dad kills 13-year-old son on Father's Day visitation, then calls ex-wife to tell her about it (Johannesburg, South Africa)

Dad MOLEFI ELIJAH ACE KOTJANE has been arrested for the murder of his 13-year-old son. This sh**head strangled this poor child to death during a Father's Day visitation. The divorce had only been finalized in January. Note that there are abuser red flags all over this case. The 6-year-old daughter was scared and didn't want to visit him. Dad had threatened family members before. He didn't want to pay maintenance (child support). And the mother knew that he wanted to hurt her. So of course he told her what he had done on the phone. Sick piece of sh**, this one.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Dad-kills-son-on-Fathers-Day-20100622

Dad kills son on Father's Day
2010-06-22 09:42

Johannesburg - A teacher has told how she received a phone call from her ex-husband on Father's Day, telling her that he had killed their 13-year-old son.

"I have just murdered your son. Come and fetch him," is how Margareth Granny Kotjane, 41, from Sebokeng heard the news about the death of her son, Itumeleng.

Police arrested her former husband, Molefi Elijah Ace Kotjane, 49, from Boipatong shortly after she received the call on Sunday. Kotjane was believed to have strangled Itumeleng.

She said she and Kotjane had been divorced in January but they were still arguing about maintenance.

Daughter scared

"On Friday he asked me if Itumeleng and our daughter Karabo, 6, could come visit him. Karabo was crying, saying she was scared of him and didn't want to go," the crying mother told Beeld.

The economics teacher at a school in Bophelong near Vanderbijlpark told how she took only Itumeleng to his father on Saturday night and later in the evening heard he would spend the night at his father's.

Later Itumeleng sent an SMS to tell her "everything is okay".

"On Sunday morning I was very worried about his safety and I sent Itumeleng an SMS but he didn't respond to it. I asked him in several messages to call me urgently, but he didn't answer."

Her worst fears came true when her former husband called her about an hour later and told her he had murdered Itumeleng.

"I didn't want to believe my ears, my mind didn't want to comprehend the words and I took my cellphone to a neighbour. My ex-husband repeated his words to her."

She heard at the Boipatong police station that her son had presumably been strangled.

Wanted to hurt her

At the house in Boipatong where her son had died, she saw her ex-husband sitting in a police van. "He stared at me without emotion and didn't say a word.

"He had often made threats but I didn't think he would go this far.

"I think he wanted to hurt me."

She described Itumeleng as a quiet, obedient child who always smiled and was very attached to her.

"A family member of the father's reported the murder of the boy to the police," said police spokesperson Warrant Officer Kinnie Steyn on Monday.

She said police were investigating the murder.

Kotjane, a laboratory assistant at Cape Gate, was expected to appear in the Vanderbijlpark Magistrate's Court on Tuesday morning.



- Beeld