Friday, August 13, 2010

Dad who abducted two daughters arrested--after he assaults his OWN mother (Crossville, Tennessee)

We've reported on dad RICHARD ERIC SHUEY before, right after he initially kidnapped his two young daughters--just 5 months and 2 years of age. He assaulted the maternal grandmother when he took off with children. Then he assaulted his OWN mother OVER SEVERAL HOURS when he thought she might call the authorities. You think this was about a poor daddy just wanting bonding time with his babies? Or a volatile, violent, and controlling controlling @$$shole, who may or may not have a mental condition (bipolar disorder)?

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=12954607

2 Crossville girls found safe; father arrested in Georgia
Posted: Aug 10, 2010 9:20 AM CDT
Updated: Aug 10, 2010 4:37 PM CDT


CROSSVILLE (WATE) - Two Crossville sisters taken by their biological father Tuesday after a violent attack on their grandmother were found safe near the Tennessee/Georgia state line.

Crossville police say Anna Shuey, two years old, and her sister, Kylie Shuey, five months old, were taken by their biological father, Richard Eric Shuey, 36, during a violent assault on their grandmother, Janice Shuey.

The father was arrested while stopped at a convenience store near Ringgold, Ga. The two girls were found safe and unharmed.

Authorities in Catoosa County say Shuey will be returned to Crossville to face charges of aggravated kidnapping, aggravated assault, aggravated robbery, and reckless endangerment of a child.

The alleged abduction prompted police to issue an Endangered Child Alert. They said Richard Shuey has made threats to harm himself and has violent tendencies.

There are warrants on file for his arrest.

Janice Shuey says the incident started at 1:00 a.m. Tuesday when her son, Richard, called and asked if he could bring the children over to stay.

She told him they could stay, but he couldn't. "I thought he was leaving, but he wouldn't leave."

That's when Janice Shuey says she picked up the phone to call her work, but her son thought she was calling the authorities. "He got mad, even though that's not who I called and he started getting in my face, poking me with his finger. I pushed him out of the way and he freaked out."

She says Richard Shuey banged her head against the kitchen door frame, and "next thing I know he was punching me in the face, slammed me on the floor, and slammed my head down and was straddling me with my arms down at my side, and started choking me, spitting on me."

Janice Shuey says Richard also grabbed a knife. "I said Ricky, put the knife down before you accidentally hurt one of us really bad. And he said, 'I'm going to hurt one us really bad.'"

She says she was able to calm her son while she lay on the kitchen floor.

The incident lasted for several hours. It stopped when her daughter called to make sure she was up for work. Richard Shuey grabbed the two girls and left.

Janice Shuey says her son was diagnosed with bipolar disorder when he was a teenager, and he's been on his medication for several years.

"This is my son, and I love him. I don't want to see him go to prison for the rest of his life because he's still too young, but he needs help. They need to get him some kind of help."

The girls were asleep during the attack.

6 News Reporter Josh Ault contributed to this report.