Monday, March 26, 2012

Dad jailed for 15 years for repeatedly raping teen daughter, impregnating her (Sligo, Ireland)

UNNAMED DAD, and no mention of a mother in the home. Was there one? Or is this a custodial father? Either way, why was a man who had a PREVIOUS CONVICTION FOR RAPING ANOTHER TEENAGE GIRL allowed to have his daughter live with him?

http://www.newstalk.ie/2012/news/sligo-man-jailed-15-years-for-raping-daughter-fathering-child/

Sligo man jailed 15 years for raping daughter, fathering child

Mar 26th, 2012, 2:59 pm

A Sligo man has been jailed for 15 years for the repeated rape and sexual abuse of his teenage daughter which led to him fathering her child.

The Central Criminal Court heard the abuse began in September 2005 when she was 13 and continued for 2 years.

”I trusted my dad, he was my hero growing up – I never knew what he was doing to me, I always felt it was my fault and I was ashamed of myself”.

The words of the now 19-year-old victim who told the court she does not want her dad dead or alive, she just wishes he had never existed.

In her victim impact evidence she said when social services and school liaison officers came to the house in her head she was screaming ‘He is abusing me’ but that there was always an emotional ball and chain keeping her quiet.

She was just 13 when the abuse began at their Sligo home.

Within 2 years she was pregnant with his child.

Her 48-year-old father has a previous conviction for rape and sexual abuse of another teenage girl.

He has been jailed for 15 years